We soon left the village behind us and came to the weir.
A little further on, we had views of the Belford Road Bridge.
At a bend in the river, we discovered a Grey heron standing on a fallen log in the stream.
On our way back, we sat for a while at this spot, enjoying the sunshine and the sight of the heron which seemed to be enjoying the sun too.
Back along the Waters of Leith, we passed Dean Village and on past St Bernard's Well.
The classical columns of the building, was designed by Alexander Nasmyth - an artist of the city and was built in 1789. It sits on the river bank with a walkway alongside it with Fuchsias in full bloom...
and Malcolm looking over the side.
Well, that's it for our Edinburgh trip. No doubt we'll be back soon.