Tuesday 26 May 2009

Bunny!

Once again, it was time for tackling the 'joys' of Tesco this morning. To fortify us before this task, we had a walk along the Nottingham canal again. Although rather blustery, the sun shone and we had a good, quiet walk. Then came across this small, baby rabbit - or kit - nibbling grass at the side of the path.

We thought it strange that the little creature was taking little notice of us as we approached and came to the conclusion that there must be something wrong. Upon looking closer at the photos I took, it is clear that the poor little soul was suffering from that awful disease, myxomatosis. Although in the early stages of the disease, it was still clearly affecting it as the reddening of the eyes indicates.

I am not a religious person and don't believe in heaven and hell. But, if I am wrong and there is such a place as hell, I hope that the person who deliberately introduced this abomination into Europe and caused such unimaginable suffering to millions of animals, will rot for all eternity in the hottest, most hideous furnace that Beelzebub can devise.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope that you were kind enough to relieve the poor little rabbit's suffering. Myxamatosis was introduced in Tasmania when I was young and I will never forget the dreadful sights. I do sincerely hope that the wheel turns and grinds exceeding small for the inventors of that affliction.