Tuesday 19 March 2019

Lone Walk

I was on my own for my walk this morning. Malcolm had matters maternal to attend to, so I set out for Shipley Hill and Mapperley Reservoir. I stopped off at Shipley Lake on the way, to see if the Gadwall were still present on the 'overflow' lake. Unfortunately, they seem to have gone, at least for the time being, but I still have a couple of pictures of these delightful little ducks from a few days ago, at Straw's Bridge. As usual, it's the male bird which takes the eye.
The female bird would be difficult to tell apart from a Mallard if it were not that she was sticking so closely to her man...
Wherever he went, there went she...
Back to this morning and as I got to the far side of Shipley Hill, I stopped to look over the fields and the Hedgerows of Blackthorn, still in blossom, despite the battering they've had over the past week.
When I got to Mapperley Reservoir, it was so peaceful, that I thought I would try out the video facility on my new camera. I must say, I was quite impressed with the resulting minute of peace - except for the Canada Geese in the background, especially as it was so dull and overcast, not the best day for a video.

I must try some more videos, when the weather is a little better.

No comments: